Monday, January 21, 2008

Plu-empleada

Seguro que no he escrito el titulo bien -- ni esa frase. Es que a penas uso mi espanol. Me case con un espanol para hablar ingles - o mejor dicho - para hablar spanglish. aycaramba ;o)

So back to the native tongues we go.

Well as of this week I will be employed at three different locations. Call me crazy. Call me an overachiever. Or call me 'working in the non-profit world' and trying to make a living. *s* No, but really I am extremely happy. It finally seems like all my lucky stars are in line. Now we just have to stay here so I can make it all happen - I have a vision - and I know I can make it happen. (Peds si estas leyendo esto - ya sabes ;)).

I have had the same sound byte from our faithless leader in my head ever since it happened that I accumulated so many jobs. (By the way there are at least two others in the pipeline, but I have laid off the overzealous idea that I have 80 hours in a day. I conform with 3). Anyway - there is some clip during the campaign or something or another where he *literally* commends the woman for having two jobs and working 60 hours a week. "Now that is America. The american dream" No - ass wipe that is called making a living! Some of us aren't are fortunate to have one, rock star job that we can punch in a 9, punch out at 5 and drive a sexy sports car. Some people actually have to sweat and get dirty to make ends meet and pay rent at the end of the month. So I laugh at that "the american dream" bullshit. Who dreams about working their life away?

*Please note -- I am very happily employed at multiple locations.* I've just been thinking about all the people who don't have a choice to have just one job. They have to work days and nights. They sacrifice time with their family, friends, sig others, lovers, pets... etc. That is not right. Granted, I too sacrifice that time - but it's because half the time no one is around anyway. I'd prefer to use my brain in so-called "after hours' (Para los espanoles -- es a las 5. No hay siesta y no volvemos a la oficina despues de almuerzo ;) -- como me gustaria tener esto de nuevo...).

I am not sure if this post even makes sense. In a nutshell - I raise my glass (of water, it's Monday) to all those hard-working, crazy Americans out there. Those who work their butts off for the weekend.

~*a

1 comment:

famos said...

Congratulations Ang. By the way, the correct word in spanish is 'pluriempleada'.

kisses pumpkin