Monday, February 4, 2008

Censored

You hear the bleeepppp and assume it was one of the overly used four letter wonders of the English language. Half the time I hear the bleep I already find myself saying or at least thinking the word in my head. No biggie.

What I find repulsive is that things much much worse than a f-bomb are not censored. I think the feeble minds of Americans can handle the cuss words - we all use them from time to time. What we should not have to handle is uncensored verbal violence.

I've been thinking about this theme a lot lately - and more this weekend than most because I had total system overload of Spaniards (god love them, but my brain is still mush!). We were all at a bar and it was the WWF wrestling finals.

I've never liked this type of "sport." I remember my brothers being really into "The Rock" and running around the house pretending (thank god) to imitate the wrestlers. It's besides the point how I feel about the sport. That it is a stupid waste of time, energy and brain power. (Oh - nevermind to qualify to be competing you basically already have to be brain dead and from the Bible Belt -- do you smell irony?).

Anyway, I was particularly disgusted by the intro before fight. Each "fighter" spoke in great extend about how their wishes to maul / gore / induce ungodly pains on the opponent. It was really graphic. If I could have covered my ears I would have. *Note: I do cover my eyes frequently when I don't want to see what will happen*.

What most irked me about these intros was the fact they fricking bleeped out the cuss words. Since when was 'fudge' and any other cuss word worse than listening to someone talk about how they wanted to pummel a human being to the ground and 'have them taste their own blood in the back of their throat."

Isn't that what should be censored?

Regardless - it's not the type of program that any child should be watching. But, if they do -- I think the f-bombs are the least of the problems. Nothing like watching two protein'ed-out meatheads beat the living shit out of each other. Why censor that when you can throw in a few bleeping bleeps instead of addressing the real mother bleeping issue at hand!

Anyway - that's my two cents on the subject. Put another quarter in if you want to hear more.

2 comments:

famos said...

I had total system overload of Spaniards (god love them, but my brain is still mush!)



OK, I leave...email me when you have your brain ready.

Unknown said...

The worst part is that violence is OK, but if there is a boob on TV everyone freaks out. I just don't get it.