Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happily Hungover

:) Enough said.

Okay, well I'm not hungover, and realistically it's not that fun to be clammy, sick... etc.

Although if I had to summarize how I feel about Puerto Rico - that about sums it up. I mean that in the most figurative sense of the word. The territory - common wealth - what-have-you - reeks of life. So why compare the place with being hungover? Well, I think it's because when you're hungover you realize you are still alive and kicking - and your body makes you know it every breath you exhale. I found PR to be very similar - full of life. Living life to the fullest capacity possible.



Naturally, this is something that we do not practice in the north. No, instead of partying all day and night before elections - we're working our butts off, putting in the extra hours so we can stand in a poll line for 1+ hours and not have to take vacation for it.

Did I mention that election day is a holiday? Brilliant. That way there is no excuse for not voting. I was also extremely impressed on how crazy, but respectful folks are about non-supporters of their party.

Here you see a photo of what people do to express their support of candidates. Yes, hang out the window with flags and yell. The best, however, is they may be from different political parties. Together - making noise and being ridiculous. Wouldn't it be great if Dems and Reps did the same thing here?

Anyway.... stuff to do and places to go. I am going to try to write again sooner than later.

paz.

No comments: