Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Gas. Gas. Bad gas...

Yeah, it's all the rage - if you can't talk about the elections, then why not complain about gas prices. Yes, they are out of the roof. It happens. Get over it.

I say this, of course, because now I have the ability to walk, bus and bike everywhere. In fact, I have not been in a car since Saturday morning :). Even so, I think we get so used to our comfortable lives, that once something goes up in price, we freak out. How about learning how to make the most of the situation. Buy better, more fuel efficient cars; carpool... etc. Bigger is not always better, and having personal space isn't what always makes the most sense.

[Note: After my 700 miles trip ahead of me this weekend, I may be singing to another tune come Sunday night. Until that happens, I still do want to complain about people complaining].

So food costs more. Well, then stop buying crap, grow a garden or give up alcohol. (The latter should only be done in the most severe instances ;)).

I don't know - I understand the panic, but things to get more expensive over time. It happens.

There is no point to this post, other than sharing this link. Thought it was hilarious ;).

http://www.theonion.com/content/infograph/soaring_oil_prices_alter

1 comment:

famos said...

Your blog-holidays are being too long...don't you think so??? :D

I miss, at least, reading you

kisses pumpkin