Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nothing personal

I strive to not let this blog of mine get to personal and too in depth about my personal life. Whether I do this because I'm worried some ghost of my past will find out about this blog and read all the inner workings of my now "quasi adult" brain or I just don't want anyone to know (whether I know you or not) what's going on upstairs.

What can I say - I think us americanos are rather private about our more 'human' qualities. (i.e. defeat, short comings...etc). Once we do something good we're all about showing it off. It is the more human traits that we tend not to share. Anyway, not only is this a very random start to this post, but it really has absolutely nothing to do with what I wanted to talk about. Of which, I have entirely forgotten.

I suppose there are a few things I recently learned:
1) Life is way too short for second guessing. And way too short to be able to predict. Sadly, it should not take a family emergency to have to actually have that point validated. (Everything is a-ok, no worries).

2) Spring really does happen overnight. Last night there were buds on the trees and this morning there was greenery! Amazing. I swear it literary happened overnight.

3) Earthquakes really do wake you up. **Yes, there was an earthquake that hit these parts. I couldn't figure out why Pedro and I were both up at around 4'35a.m. I later found out I must have grabbed the heck out of him in my sleep when the ground shook. This would probably also explain why it took me FOREVER to get back to sleep; the earth quake must have shook me enough to scare the crap out of me without my even knowing what had hit until reading the news.

4) People are stupid. Not all people, but many. No need to go in details. but let's just say I've been hit by my share of stupids lately. (And I am walking away unbruised ;)).

Wish I could say that I have learned more recently.... I'll get right back on it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

3) Earthquakes really do wake you up - Wives really do wake you up;)